Lemme say a quick goodbye
For this journey is long overdue
The shell that I had long abandoned
Is beckoning me with a promise of love
The love that I had been searching
In a world that never understood it
So lemme me go back and rest a bit
In my warm and cozy enclosure
Lemme close my eyes for a while
And admire the dreams that is trapped inside
For its tired of the futile sights
That flooded them all these years
Lemme touch my heart
And ease its pain
Bcos as long as it loved
The agony followed
Lemme shut my ears
To the curses that was showered on me
For it had made me think
That I am a lesser me
Now I need them now to listen only to my heart
Since it sings songs of wisdom which I long ignored
Lemme caress my hands a lil bit
For its tired of holding on too tight
I need them to wrap around myself for a while
For that embrace could never be faked
Lemme stretch my legs a bit
For they are tired of this fatuous journey
The road ahead is not a cakewalk too
And I need them to carry me all the way ahead
Yes its pitch black inside my shell
But am not afraid
For I know there is no place
More safe and secure than this
So lemme say 'Adios Amigos' as of now
For I need a little rest now.
No comments:
Post a Comment